Friday, February 20, 2004

Weekend Sigh of Relief

I just caught up on my blog reading. It's enjoyable to read everyone's comments. Glen, I'm in for the Mexico weekend. I know you know that, but I just wanted to confirm. Sounds fun.

Is anyone interested in Colonial Williamsburg some Christmas? I'd really like to do that. I know it's not everyone's thing, but I love the time period and the area. I noticed that our timeshare exchange group has availablity there in December. This may or may not be the year, but with the timeshare, we could get housing for a group. Ahhhh. Christmas dinner at Kings Arms Tavern.

Valentine's Day was fun here. We celebrated at home, as is our tradition, on Friday night. We cooked dinner, as is our tradition. I took care of appetizer, bread, and made a salad...greens, feta cheese, dried cranberries, glazed walnuts, and rasberry vinagrette dressing --- one of my favorite salads (and homemade dressing...adapted the recipe from Houston Chronicle), and dessert (which had to wait). Glen made delicious salmon and filet mignon, plus a pile of broccoli. We didn't have dessert until Monday night! Too full on Friday.

I'm working on a well-informed position with conscience and compassion about the whole gay-marriage issue. Want more than a shallow opinion, since I think it is complicated. Preparing an articulate response to the contraversy. I'm digging in the Bible, too, to see what's true. I here some Bible comments made out of context to defend both sides, so I want to look for myself.

And hooray --- it's the weekend. Glen returns tonight from Chicago. That's a great thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment