Monday, February 09, 2004

My Movie Reviews...

We are also on a quest to see the "Best Picture" nominees. We still need to see "Mystic River." I think we've seen the rest. I think the Golden Globes have it right by splitting up genres. It's tough to critically evaluate comedy against drama, and same with the acting roles. I think Johnny Depp made that "Pirates" role so much more than it was, as opposed to Bill Murray's portrayal of LIT (since everyone refers to "Lord of the Rings"...LOTR). Evidently Sean Penn is the favored winner.

"Master & Commander" was a good story and I thought it was well crafted and a fascinating portrayal of the time period and military life at sea. Of course, Russell Crowe did well in the lead, but his character was not compelling to me. It did not engage me emotionally. I would see it again just to see the Galapogos Islands again.

No comments:

Post a Comment