Monday, February 09, 2004

To Rob, the Nice Guy

I also prefer calling you a nice guy. In fact, that is what I do call you. That is obviously what you are! I was carried away by the fact that I actually stayed awake for a whole movie. I rarely do that at home or in the theatre. I think I was struck by the fact that I did not find any character in lit that I identified with, but the situation they were in, alone, in a strange placed that "should" have been exciting, all expectation with no payoff...I don't know. I really like Secondhand Lions which we watched last night. I cried when one of the old guys was threatening suicide, too close to home right now. After all, as they say in the movie, "What do you want me to do, die of old age?" and my answer is yes. We should all be able to do that...

No comments:

Post a Comment