Monday, February 09, 2004

Tour de Summer

Glen & I are planning a trip to Europe this July, pending frequent flyer miles. A friend of ours is returning to the Netherlands for her sister's wedding, so we can bunk there and tour a little with a native. That's what pushed us forward, beyond just expressing interest in a visit somewhere other than Mexico. Although, I am grieving the fact that I may not snorkel in tropical water this summer.

We are thinking about visiting London (and a shire around Oxford and a literary quest to where J.R.R. Tolkein and C.S. Lewis hung out), Paris (working at being in a town as the Tour de France zooms by...it begins on July 3rd in a small town, Liege, northeast of Paris...closer to the Netherlands, actually), and zipping by train for a day trip to Prague, as well. I want to get backpacks (for ease of travel and mobility...not for trekking Everest) and train from place to place, taking city busy tours. Then we'll come home to rest. I'm excited, but holding my breath because costs seem prohibitive at this point in the planning. Just gotta sell a few more photo albums and stickers!

[Note to Glen...OK, now I've blogged again. Can I return to the bedroom to sleep? Just kidding.]

No comments:

Post a Comment