Saturday, September 10, 2005

When the phone rings

When the phone rang this am and a voice asked me for mom I became puzzled. To make a short story longer, the mom they needed to talk to was Beth. Seems one of her son's lost his cel phone and one of the stored numbers was titled "mom". I was about to put her on a plane to find the missing owner, but it turns out that the owner of the phone had not met with foul play as she imagined. I think we will all program our phones with the"ICE" phone numbers now that we know someone will use them, even if it doesn't involve injured persons.

1 comment:

  1. This was a weird moment in time and the suspense ended quickly, as Glen caught Rob leaving his apartment within the half hour or our call from Beth. It is great that a good person was willing to return Rob's phone and that there was no foul play. Weeks ago, I added AA Emergency Glen Husband to my cell phone address book, instead of ICE (In Case of Emergency). I just wanted the name to be the first on the alpha listing and to not assume everyone would know what ICE meant. Good idea for all of us to at least note one way or the other, I agree.

    ReplyDelete