Saturday, September 10, 2005

Steve's Comment on Travel

Many of the family enjoy travel. Beth planted a seed long ago about Christmas in Puerto Rico. I have a proposal. Let's consider an every-other or every-third-year Christmas time family trip. Skip the presents. Let's go explore somewhere together. The trip could last 3 - 7 days. Perhaps the days between Christmas and New Years for whoever is game. Friends welcome, too. Maybe something simple like Mammoth or exotic like Puerto Rico or anything in between. Each time, a different part of the family would be responsible to start the plans: suggest a place, make housing and activity suggestions. Then we'd book our transportation, etc. That sounds fun to me. I'd suggest we start in 2006 or 2007. Any YES's to this?

6 comments:

  1. P.S. I didn't make it clear, but Steve's comment on my previous blog about spending on travel spurred this momentum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are the contest rules? I vote for 2006 and want it to be in a place that's practical for everyone. I vote for someplace warm and near water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that sounds fun and I would like to be included. Count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Add my yes to the yeses. I like Mexico, how about Puerto Villarta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Puerta Vallarta is close, warm, and near water. I've never been to Cabo. Unfortunately, I believe our timeshare isn't available that week. Maybe they can swing us some sort of deal.

    ReplyDelete