Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Shock and Awe

First, I was shocked to find out this morning that Lance Armstrong's mom is my age. What?

Second, I am in awe of Lance's and the team's performances in each stage of this bike ride. They just seem to plan the work and work the plan. That is an inspiration for me with various personal goals. I'd like to be there watching in France during the third week, but not with that kind of crowd.

What is up with the announcers starting to proclaim victory with Lance? Doesn't anyone else get a little nervous with that? What if he falls? Or what if a silly spectator interferes? Aren't there still some variables out there? And there doesn't seem to be any kind of big time gap between the leaders that make me relax. Am I crazy or should I start the Lance dance now?!

1 comment:

  1. Lance will be surrounded by his team. This years team has riders that can keep up with him through most of the places he is most likely to have an accident or be interfered with. Given the stages left, it does look like Lance will be drinking champagne on his ride into Paris.

    ReplyDelete