Friday, July 23, 2004

The Mennonite Rider

I have enjoyed Floyd Landis and his role on the USPS team to help Lance. A few months ago on a tour in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Floyd's family's farm was pointed out to us by out tour guide. His description was that Floyd's family is Amish. Had Floyd grown up on the south side of Hwy 30, he would not have been permitted to use a bicylce, the Amish are only allowed scooters on that side of the road.

So, I was curious when I read in Every Second Counts, Armstrongs autobiography that Floyd is Mennonite. Then, Robin William described the family as Mennonite. If you'd like to know more, read this. I guess this interests me because I work for MEDA (Mennonite Economic Development Associates). This link, thanks to Hugo Swyzer, a Mennonite in Pasadena whose blog I read ocassionally.

You can also read Floyd's online journal here. I think Daniel may have already linked us to that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment