Sunday, July 04, 2004

Oh, the Cyclism

Today AG2R's Jaan Kirsipuu won the first stage of the Tour de France. Fassa Bortolo's Fabian Cancellara retained the overall lead, while Lance takes third place overall. It was a cold and wet day, normal for Belgian racing, and had numerous crashes like I had predicted, but at least no overall contenders were seriously hurt (or was that a bad thing?). Yes, Tyler Hamilton crashed again, but he got back on his bike immediately.

OLN advertises its race coverage as "The Cyclism", and after watching a day's worth of racing, I really want to go out and do something like what the pros just did. Yesterday I sort of did a short time trial, and after I was finished riding, I was still thinking about it and completely forgot about what I was doing (and wanted to either keep riding or blog something. Oh, the Cyclism!

No comments:

Post a Comment