Sunday, May 09, 2004

New blogger features and a new look

Blogger has launched a lot of new features and a new look to the user interface section.

I have also, in a completely seperate act, inspired by the other changes, made some changes to the look of our site. I am not satisfied with several things yet; so I will keep trying. Once I get a look that I like better, I will add those weather reporting links back in.

Your comments are weicome.

UPDATE: I have tried a couple of template changes that get the stuff I wanted to work--I kept getting various errors and formatting problems. Steve--I took you post of the steamboat off by making it a "draft." The problem is that the picture is wide and was pushing everything on the page off of the side. If you can shrink the photo, upload it with the same name, and republish that post, everything should work. Let me know what you think.

4 comments:

  1. I have mixed feelings about the comment feature. I liked seeing everyone's comments without having to change pages. It felt like there was more of a flow to that. Now it feels like I am peeking into a private space if the post isn't directed toward me. Like listening in to someone else's conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's interesting. It is kind of a combination of a little bit private yet public. I am thinking it gives more opportunity to post something directed at a specific post so it gives some context. That way some thread of conversations makes more sense. I'd like to try it out, see if people enjoy posting comments. Anything I post as a comment will be for public consumption.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am curious to see how this works. Time and participation will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I notice that I have to remember to scroll back to previous posts and remember how many comments where there before. Was it two or three. This continues to feel ackward for me. Is there some way to have a notice in the header that comments have been posted and how far back in the blog they are???

    ReplyDelete