Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What in the World?

I was just doing some light reading in my National Geographic World Atlas, and I came across some interesting statistics (that is an oxymoron in some cases! -- interesting statistics, if you ask me.) So lets see what you know and if you have any hidden biases.
1. What is the largest city in North American? (Population)
2. What is the second largest country in the world by area?
3. China and the USA are about the same size almost in area. What about in population?
4. Which ocean has a bigger percentage of the earth's water, Atlantic or Pacific?
I could go on and on, but I have a hard enough time keeping friends as it is.

5 comments:

  1. 1. Mexico City - 18.1 million; Los Angeles - 13.3 million; Tokyo (about twice L.A. if you can imagine!) 26.4 million.
    2. Canada
    3. China's population is nearly five times that of the USA.
    4. Pacific Ocean - 46%; Atlantic - 24%
    [Copyright date is unavailable, so statistics may have shifted.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I think I got one out of four. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you would have scored higher, Rob. I was surprised by the answers, myself. And the fact that Tokyo is two times the population of Los Angeles was staggering.

    ReplyDelete