Friday, September 21, 2007

It's raining in Whittier! Autumn begins in two days, but a highly unusual winter storm has overtaken the LA basin this evening, and will continue throughout the night. Meteorologists forecast one half to an inch of rain, but I was skeptical merely an hour or so ago.

The change in seasons is something I miss about living in Nor-Cal, so the first rain of the autumn is huge to me, especially living in this desert.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm extremely excited about the free car wash.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love your pictures. My very scientific rain gauge this AM measured 1.7" It's now just past 12:30 PM and it.s sprinkling again. I am so thankful for every drop as it is so dry this year. I doubt if what is cominh down now will be measurable. We will see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am delighted about the rain. Childlike enjoyment. I, too, miss the variety of weather from other places I've lived. I heard the first day of autumn was nigh. Thought I should bake something with apples in honor. Thanks for blogging and the photos. Glad for the rain gauge update, as well. Oh, and I was sceptical, too, for a long time. They so often promise rain and then the let down of no rain bugs me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That afternoon sprinkle gave us .27" more so now our total is 1.97" of rain this season.

    ReplyDelete