Thursday, July 26, 2007

Chicken Skin on the Champs Elysees

I love the Tour de France. Even with all the controversy, you gotta love the nuances -- for instance, the interviews with people from other countries. Tonight I learned that Tom Boonen describes riding along on the Champs Elysees in Paris using the phrase "Chicken skin." I love that! We'd call it goose bumps, and he gets them riding on the Champs Elysees. Big Tom Boonen, the 6' 4" cyclist who is Belch...Belsh...Belgish...from Belgium (living in Monaco) helped me learn another way to say goose bumps. Cool! Well, anyway, the Tour can be educational

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad we don't have any pavé (or chicken skin) around here. I think that's Belgian, but Belgish works fine, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, three cheers for no pave pavement. That would just be gross and might make me Belch or worse! (how did you get the accent on the e?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to translate.google.com, and entered "cobblestones", which translates to "pavés ronds", copied the part I wanted, and voilà! (I got that from wiktionary.com). I think if you're on a Mac you can go to keycaps in the apple menu and hold command or control or option, and look for the accent over the desired letter, but it's been a while for me.

    ReplyDelete