Friday, November 18, 2005

The Wardrobe, Lion, and Witch

With all the buzz about the pending release of the movie "Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe," I recalled that I've actually seen the family wardrobe used as the portal in this story by C.S. Lewis. It was on display at Wheaton College, where I attended from September 1973 until I graduated in 1977. It is still there today, along with other valued and interesting items and works of a collection of fine writers. I feel privileged to have been made aware of the value of Lewis's and Tolkein's and MacDonald's works as a student. The pleasures of a liberal arts college education! Reading the web page www.wheaton.edu/learnres/wade/ renewed my interest in these scholars.

1 comment:

  1. Glen, I need another link lesson. Didn't get it from the info on blogger.

    ReplyDelete