Sunday, November 20, 2005

In Indianapolis for CCDA--a few photos and memories

Here are some images from a few days in Indianapolis at the conference of Christian Community Development Association.


Rev. Jim Wallis of Sojourners was the plenary speaker on Friday evening. I talked to him briefly after his sermon to a packed house of 1,800 or 1,900 folks. When I told him that I had been Jeff Barneson's friend since third grade, he said that deserved a hug, so he hugged me. Jim said that Jeff is one of the most encouraging people in his life. It was nice to see Bob and Donna at church today.



I met Jeremy Del Rio, who I had previously only known from reading his blog. Here we are shown with Rudy Carrasco who blogs at Urban Onramps right after they had done a workshop on the next generation of leadership. More on that later.



Shane Claiborne, The Simple Way, Philadelphia and Noel Castellanos, CCDA Institute Director, posed for a picture with me on Saturday--I told them that I was really cheap and in search of souvenirs

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have a strong support network. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete