Sunday, November 13, 2005

Good Friend Visits SoCal

My long time friend, Lorna, from Wheaton, IL visited a new "friend" of hers this weekend in Riverside. Glen and I went to Riverside for brunch today at the Mission Inn. I had never been there before. Really enjoyed the brunch -- amazing, and the wonderful architecture of this National Landmark Hotel...the courtyards and fountains and gardens and archways and leaded windows and tile. Anyway, it took about 50 minutes to get there, but it was worth it. You see I also got to meet a man my 51-year-old never married friend has fallen in love with -- and it is mutual between the two of them. I am delighted for her and was happy to meet him. She may move one day to Southern California, and I would love that! They met on-line through an e-mail matchmaking forum. Crazy, but worked nicely in their favor! They are well suited for each other.

9 comments:

  1. I have some fond memories of e-mailing someone I had met. The best to them both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recall a certain Thanksgiving when my dear sister-in-law, Beth, was eager to check her e-mail while visiting family here. Hmmmm. Is there a connection with Steve's comment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope so. If not he's in BIG trouble:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sure that's it, thats what i was talking about, that thanksgiving, ya with Beth, thats the one, no doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindi,

    I'm glad you went to the Mission Inn. I was there for lunch with a group of Calvary friends several years ago and was also very impressed with the architecture Glad you enjoyed meeting Lorna's new friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bob asked Lorna to marry him last night, clearly swayed by the fact that she has such wonderful friends! They picked out a ring today. Falling in love and leaping into a committment is a fun moment in time. She is 51 and he is 53. I'm happy for them both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, nephews...no rush to marry, right?!!

    ReplyDelete