Sunday, March 06, 2005

Tenth Annual LA Bike Tour

As part of the 20th Annual LA Marathon, along with some 18,000 other Angelinos, Ken Brown and I got out before dawn this morning for a 23 mile bicycle ride. I think this was the third time (maybe fourth) that Ken and I have done this ride together.

P1010022

This year we averaged 17 MPH. We were much closer to the front of the group this year which made a faster pace easier. Ken said he passed and talked to former Mayor Richard Riordan. It's not a race. And it's not a fast ride becuase of the huge number of people.

Anyone want to join us next year? It's the first Sunday in March, we leave my house about 4 AM. Start getting in shape!

3 comments:

  1. I got up at 3:30, too, and made the trip into L.A. I watched the start of the race, with "I Love LA" by Randy Newman blaring. That was fun. Then I used the port-a-potty. Not fun. And moved on down to the finish line. Fun again. I enjoyed seeing Glen pedal on in. Went to brunch, and took a nice long nap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still recovering! It was another great ride and it was great seeing Cindi (AKA The Manager) out there as well. My only regret was that we didn't get to finish together...that and I didn't get some pancakes with you two afterwards! ;)

    ReplyDelete