Monday, March 07, 2005

Mom Starts Chemo

I talked with my mom yesterday. She is healing nicely. The Dr. reported that they got the tumor and it wasn't attached. It is "Stage 3" cancer -- in the lymph nodes. She'll begin chemotherapy on Monday, 3/14...the morning at the hospital and a fanny pack of chemo for 48 hours. This repeats every 2 weeks for 12 weeks. Then they'll evaluate. Side effects are loss of appetite (which my mom sees as positive) and fatigue. It is all positive at this point -- that they caught the cancer, and I am grateful. We all know cancer follows no rules, but I will trust the Lord with that. The Dr. said there is a 50% chance the cancer could reappear within 5 years, so she'll be checked on a regular basis. The Dr. said she is healthy, so that is good, too. My dad's back is better, though he is anxious about it with golf season just around the corner. Thanks to everyone for the prayers on our behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment