Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Sunshine on My Shoulders...

...makes me happy. And makes me think of John Denver? It has been a beautiful sunny day today here. Finally. People are treating each other nicer. Dogs are back outside. It is delightful. We have gotten over 34 inches of rain this season (since July 1), more than we've gotten in a century. In fact, our average rainfall is 9"...and we got that in the last week alone. Once my shipment of howler monkies arrives, the rainforest in the backyard will be more authentic. And if you are considering a high priced spa for a mud pack to condition your skin, I can help you out with some fine backyard mud, lovingly kneaded by the paws of a one-year old lab. No cost to you.

I do love real "weather," and have certainly gotten my fill this winter. No complaints. Most of us have not slid anywhere in our homes. I am grateful. The herbal smell in the clean air is delightful and legal, unlike a Santana concert I recently attended.

4 comments:

  1. May I clarify that the concert was completely legal. Anyone around us burning any strange wacky stuff was not our doing. Don't be confused

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, I'd like to reserve Friday night for a muc pack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good clarification on the concert. I don't want any trouble down the road like what George Bush is dealing with from the taped phone call with his "friend" Mr. Weed. Odd name for the comments that got to the press.

    The mud will be tenderly softened with the prancing paws of a pup delighted to see you.

    ReplyDelete