Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day to all. We love you. Glen and I celebrated on Saturday with dinner at home (ordered our favorite pizza...BBQ Chicken) and watched "Manchurian Candidate" (borrowed from Rob's Blockbluster). The restaurants around here get too crowded and overprice special menues just for the occassion, so we don't go out. Rationality wins over romance. The movie was quite suspenseful and well-acted. Meryl Streep is chilling and brilliant. I enjoyed it as much as the original.

We got home around 12:30am Friday night/Saturday morning from the trip. It was delightful to greet the happy dogs. Today is a school holiday for me (President's Day for our district), so I am enjoying time in my sweats and catching up on electronic filing of learning reports, since I could not connect to the Internet during our trip.

My father is suffering from severe back pain as a result of a fall earlier last week. He's been to the chiropractor three times for adjustments and is making progress. It prevented him from being able to visit my mom in the hospital today. The fall was due to a vertigo spell. So the two of them are dealing with some frustrating health situations. Mom is coming along nicely. I talk with her three times a day. Her attitude is mostly good, but she seems to be discouraged most mornings. I think it is natural when you are recovering from major surgery. No report on the lymph nodes yet to determine next steps. So lots on my mind, too, as you can imagine. I am leaning on the Lord in bigger ways these days and find such strength in that.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the Valentines greeting and update on your folks. Will add you to the prayerl list as you think about your parents.

    ReplyDelete