Saturday, August 14, 2004

Paolo Bettini takes the gold medal

On a very hard course with crashes, 90-degree turns and extremely steep roads, Paolo Bettini won the gold medal in Athens for the men's road race after being in a two-man breakaway. Sergio Paulinho earned the silver and Axel Merckx took the bronze when he broke away by himself in search of the leaders, and maybe to show his dad ("The Cannibal" Eddy) he can do something he couldn't (getting a medal in the olympics).

Italian Bettini takes the win

Bettini on top, Sergio Paulinho silver, Axel Merckx bronze

Read more here.

The women's road race was won by Australia's Sara Carrigan.



Crashes were present in both the men's and the women's races, as you see here.

The time trials are on Wednesday, which Lance Armstrong will be competing in.

PS. I am putting the captions on the pictures (when you put the cursor on the picture, the caption should come up). If you liked it better the other way with the captions there for you to read surounding the picture (like it was before), please let me know by commenting. Whatever works.

I've been trying to publish this for a long time, but Blogger hasn't seemed to be working lately. I'll give it another go.

5 comments:

  1. I have updated the post, but apparently blogger isn't working to well because I keep getting a "cannot find server" error. To see a little more than you see now, click on the blogger thing at the top of the blog, sign in, then you'll get an error, so go to blogger.com/home, click on the blog, then you can see the post. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's working now, so never mind. It might help in the future anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have noticed some problems too. Usually, they seem to clear up if you wait a while--sometimes the next day.

    Hope it keeps work well. Are your captions working on your computer? I am not sure that I see them here with MAC OS X 10.3 and IE. I will try Safare or another browser later on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that Armstrong had decided not to participate.
    Now I will have to tape or watch if it is on tv.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, the captions are coming up for me when the cursor is put on the picture, but not when the cursor is already in the right place.

    My bad stevecurtin, Lance isn't in the TT.

    ReplyDelete