Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Hawaii

Steve had a great time in Hawaii. There was time for play and time for psychological stuff.
My friend Kirk Schneider invited me to fill in for an ill speaker. That allowed me to talk about my work with children. I was able to attend two workshops, one on psychotherapy with males and one on psychotherapy with couples. Both were helpful and validating. It is nice to be reminded that you know something and that others are interested in your sharing. I value these experiences very much.
I enjoyed the time in the ocean and at the beach. Audrey asked what was my favorite part of the trip? I first thought of all the things we did and tried to decide what I enjoyed the most. What I realized later was that it was having time for such a trip. Having time for myself, Beth and I, or with family feels like it is in such short supply. Much less than I like. So having the time for myself, Beth and family was the best part.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great. When I am traveling for work, these are the same things that I miss. When Cindi came out to Chicago a while back, it was great having the time with her. I am looking forward to hearing from Doris and Audrey and Beth either by blogging about their experience of the trip. Grandma delivered some goodies --for Rob, unless I get to them first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate hearing your comments on the trip. That is cool that you got to speak there. Psychology was my minor for my first B.A. (counseling emphasis), so I find whatever you say about the field interesting. The warm, clear water in that climate is therapy, too. I'm looking forward to the time away with Glen to explore and play together in September. It's such a priority and a privilege.

    ReplyDelete