Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Ventura Highway...Name That Group

Back when I was in high school in Ohio in the early 70's, there was a band that I really liked. They sang "Ventura Highway" and "Horse with No Name." But can I think of the name of the band now? Not tonight.

The connection is...I am in Camarillo, CA right now. We took the 101 from L.A. and are headed to Ventura tomorrow for our end of the school year staff meeting. So, it got me singing (silently -- much to the relief of others) that old song. Growing up in Ohio and listening to ...nope, still can't think of the band, but I always wondered what the Ventura Highway was like. It is nice, ignoring multi-lanes of traffic. The song fits.

Well, good night. And Glen...I blogged out on the road. Don't you feel the family pride?

No comments:

Post a Comment