Thursday, June 30, 2005

Lance Then Who?

I am nearly knotted up with anticipation for the start of the next Tour de France. I am holding my breath for Lance Armstrong to have a nearly perfect time of it, and wishing the Discovery boys well. I am also scouting for an up-and-coming rider (with a dog) to cheer for in 2006. I don't want a huge let down upon the Armstrong retirement, so I'm planning ahead to select a worthy person to cheer for a year from now. I don't want to be an orphan fan on 7/25. And Daniel "Crazy Legstrong" (or whatever Glen named him) won't quite be ready. I am just a bit giddy knowing in a day and a half I'll be back screaming during slips, slides, and crashes...standing up towards the finish line to help the favored athlete keep momentum...clinging to Bob Roll's every word...and enjoying the French countryside from a distance. Not to mention the raw hilarity of some of those funny commercials. The only thing that could possibly make it any better is snacks.

1 comment:

  1. I can sense her enthusiasm! I think it was Dance Wilstrong you were thinking of. Anyway, Daniel will be over Saturday at 5 AM so we won't miss a thing! --

    ReplyDelete