Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Samson Sounds

Samson and I are getting along OK without the one with the biggest shoes in the house. He makes so many sounds. (Sam, not Glen) I never knew puppies got the hiccups and burp. He even has a sound that mimmicks Donald Duck. Of course, the wimper-chirp noise is too sweet. But I practice tough love and don't run to him at those times --- unless I suspect it's bathroom time! He spends his outside time biting off flowers and other green and not so green plants. And every now and then I pull a piece of bark out of his tiny mouth. It's fun to watch him grow. Sometimes I have to carry him outside to do the business. That's just my excuse to cuddle him while I can. We call that strategy the "swoop and poop." We swoop him up and get him outside just in the nick of time...or that's the plan, anyway. It's fun. And an adjustment. Having some little life to care for keeps us childless folks from becoming quite so self-centered. I like Samson a bunch. And yes, the llama had a seam split and suddenly poly-stuffing filled the room (almost) like a marine inversion (clouds). So llama is retired until he gets stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment