Friday, April 16, 2004

Baby Samson Becomes a Peterson Pup Saturday

I am so excited. Tomorrow is the Grand Day of the Puppy. Starting with a trip to the spa for Ashley, so she can be smelling fine and all clean to meet little itchy brother.Then will be off with Rob for the breakfast celebration of the Grand Day of the Puppy --- waffles, for sure. And off to Chino to meet our 3rd dog and bring him home. We may take turns driving home so that Rob and Glen can hold him, and not just me the WHOLE way home. I'm sure Glen will explain to him about the Tour de France on the way home. Maybe we'll really name him Musette. Is that too girly?

I hope I'll be able to sleep tonight. Can we do it? Can we raise a social, well-behaved lab? Upon relfection, I'd have to say we kinda spoiled our M.C. (Magnificent Creature, a.k.a. Samson #1). I've been studying how to housebreak a pup --- quite a diverse topic come to find out.

I just can't wait to see which one we will bring home. And how little will he be at 6.5 weeks? We couldn't even pick out a collar yet because we aren't sure what size his neck is. We only bought him three toys. A rope (pup-size), and "puppy starter kit" of Nylabones, and a miniature tennis ball. We don't want to over indulge him. :-) The book said...one chew toy and one play toy. We must say we were slightly manipulated by the marketers...if the packaging says "puppy", maybe we need one. But we used great restraint.

We will be all consumed with cute, so please be patient with us. We are warmed up to that condition thanks to the arrival of Miss Brianna. She has taught us how to appreciate cute and find more love in our hearts.

I'm lunching with Doris and Audrey today. Audrey's on Spring Break, so out we go for some girl talk and crepes.

Great to see the photos of New Orleans! Good for Steve & Beth for taking time to get-away and play as a couple. High priority. I have favorite parts...Preservation Hall Jazz Band, coffee and beignets at Cafe du Monde, and the food! And definitely people watching. Glad you had a great time.

And I'll be watching the OLN on Thursdays now. I'll check for a musette at Crate & Barrel (Steve, that made me smile). I think it is really a sweet young woman, but Glen must not know that. OK, probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment