Sunday, February 26, 2006

Sunday at the Tour of California in Redondo Beach



The riders whizzed by faster and faster each time the rounded the corner.


We found our places to fulfill our duties as volunteers. As you can see, Cindi is reaching into her suitcase of courage to do her job well.


I was moved to the corner where I worked because of the high pedestrian traffic. I had to toot my whistle loudly each time the riders came by as the pedestrians weren't sure if they had time to saunter across the cross walk as the peloton and the team cars came screaming to our intersection.

3 comments:

  1. Is that one of those cute visors with the Amgen logo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. My visor is just a visor I brought along for practical purposes. The photo makes it look like it matches in color, but it is green. I got an AMGEN TOC fleece vest in Santa Barbara. Enjoying that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I have a vest, too! We're twins:-)

    ReplyDelete