Wednesday, October 12, 2005

saying anything

ummm...
so there's these new nametags at polly's. at first, about a month ago, they asked us what our favorite pie was, and we were all mystified about why they cared to know this, then word spread that they were going to put our favorite type of pie below our name on new name tags. i said that my favorite pie was marionberry. but what happened, was that they decided to just send us nametags with random pie names on them, regardless of whether or not we enjoy consuming the variety of pie that is stated below our name on our nametag. mine says rob, and below it, silk, as in "chocolate silk." however, at this point, customers just get a complete chuckle out of saying aloud "rob silk." so i have taken to declaring that rob silk is indeed my stripper name, which often draws puzzlement and crickets from the pie-loving americana. i'm not a stripper, just to be clear. support the troops. drink coke. watch bill o'reilly. more importantly, pray for peace. see you all later...

4 comments:

  1. Silk. What? Nonsense. Not a pie name standing alone. I would have made jokes about that, too. I sometimes like a slice of silk myself, if Polly's is out of spandex, and to go with my cotton-poly blend coffee. Your stripper name? That is making me laugh right out loud. I've seen you dance. Keep your pie job. We do need some wallpaper stripped, Rob Silk. Call us. I want to see "The Wererabbit" movie soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't odd how someone can act as if your input is important and then completely ignore it. I always feel demeaned in those situations. Like "don't ask for my opinion unless it really matters to you." It is not that I want to matter, but don't tell me I do and then prove to me I don't. I already assumed I didn't, so don't trick me in to thinking I did.

    Your opinions matter to me Rob. Always look forward to hearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey robage. how about lunch or breakfast or something sometime soon. Don't let you unemployed tio get hungry!

    ReplyDelete