Sunday, October 30, 2005

La Vie En Rose

Last night Oncle Glen et Tante Cindi took me to La Vie En Rose restaurant in Brea. They told everyone that I took French in high school, and the owner offered to tutor me. The waiters' service was just as good, but hearing that rabbits they served "were cooked in their own juices" was a little gross (among other information on cooking). It felt as though I should have been driven there in a BMW or a limo because of the waiters and the prices as Tante Cindi said, "were a little different from what I had looked at."

From mon oncle's plate, (for the entre'e--this isn't a Mac) I had some pahtay (no, not pig latin, this just isn't a Mac), which is something ma grandme`re would be proud of me eating--some kind of animal's intestine, and it was pretty good.

Mon oncle joked with one of the waiters, to which tante Cindi replied, "you want to eat alone?" It was fun, though.

(This post is part of a contest, so we'll see if the others pull through.)

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your company last night. It was nice to do something unusual together. Your restaurant review was nice to read. Glad you could go. Amazed you liked the pate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the contest was a race to see who would tell the story on the blog first.

    ReplyDelete