Sunday, October 30, 2005

La Vie En Rose

Last night, Daniel, Glen, and I dined at the finest French restaurant in Orange County, so they say. We used our Entertainment card and received an entree for free. The menu items were in French, with (thankfully) English subtitles. Daniel was such a good sport with it all. I had a great time. The restaurant is modeled after a farmhouse in Normandy and they boast a pastry chef who creates fresh desserts daily. I had a Napoleon, and Glen and Daniel each had a fruit tart of some sort...colorful. Mmmm. It is nice that Daniel is taking French and we therefore had an excuse for a culinary adventure together. I did not eat the pate [insert accent over the e]. Not as brave as the guys.

1 comment:

  1. Pate, ummmm. I always avoided it until I tried it with wonderful crackers and aromatic cheese. Beth is getting me to expand my horizons with food. When we had our 16 course meal during the cruise I tasted everything. They made it easy by serving small bites. I eat a number of things I would never order individually or it they were in larger portions. Did not hurt that we were drinking Dom Perignon Champagne.

    ReplyDelete