Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Chicago's O'Hare

was named after the owner of a fruit orchard owner who owned the land be for they built the airport here.

I finished my work in Chicago early so I came over to the airport to see if I could catch a flight earlier than the 9:30 PM flight on which I have a confirmed reservation. There is a flight about every hour between Chicago and LA so it isn't hard to believe that there would be a seat on one of the flights. I have done this exact thing routinely on past trips here. Not the case today. Every flight seems to be full and no stand-by passengers are getting on. So my 4 PM arrival just leaves me stranded here with high speed internet connection in the Priority Club.

The Priority Club is usually almost empty. Not today. Every seat is filled, people are sitting on the floor, the hearth and standing against the walls, many talking on their cell phones with wireless earpeices--what a noise.


So, happy birthday to me! I should get home by the 26th.


UPDATE: Multiple flights to the east coast are being delayed for weather and ATC (Air Traffic Control). That's why this room is so full. One chatty fellow near me is in the retail clothing business--merchandinzing. From South Africa. Used to work for Victoria's Secret. (I should have asked if he knows the secret.)

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday a day late. I did remember it yesterday and every time someone in class asked me what day it was, I said "It's my brother's birthday:-)"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Glen. Hope you got home safe and sane. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete