Monday, April 11, 2005

Weekend in Phoenix

I spent the weekend in Phoenix visiting friends. Did some sightseeing. Ate some tasty food. Watched several rented movies. Conversed about this and that. Missed the wedding in England...at least the news coverage. No regrets there. It finished up my spring break nicely, though I did miss Glen and the pups. Phoenix is not too appealing to me...the whole desert thing is interesting to observe but has its disadvantages for living there.

My mom has been in the hospital for several days, which provided her with expert attention and addressed some of her needs. She skipped the chemo due today. It was postponed a week due to her sensitive reaction. The dosage will be adjusted, too. My dad got a good break from caring for her, too. That's nice. She returned home this evening and was much improved and looking forward to sleeping in her own bed. That is a comfort. Unless the matress needs to be replaced.

2 comments:

  1. Glad your mom is back home. Sounds like the doctors are taking good care of her and it is helping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing to pray for Jane. I didn't know if she is on the net yet so havn't e-mailed her. Also haven't sent any cards either which I should have done I guess to let her know we think of her.

    ReplyDelete