Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Passport Weekend

Beth and I joined our friends the Barger's and the Kennedy's tasting wines in El Dorado County. Each year we join the lottery for a Passport during on of the two Passport weekends. The local wineries set up tastings of their wines paired with food. It is fun to see what the wineries pick to pair with each of the wines they offer. It is also a chance to taste some of their wines that are still in the barrel. The weather was great and we rented a van/driver for Sat. He drove us to the wineries that are in the Fairplay area. Mt.Aukum Winery won the award for the best view. It is over 3000 ft high and you can see all the way to the coastal range. It is a small winery that buys some of their grapes from a someone who used to teach at Beth's school. Driving around through the area I am reminded of just how beautiful it is in the spring. Lots of new lambs, so many shades of green, and trees leafing out. Water in creeks sparkled in the sun. Sunday Beth and I took turns driving. Jeff Kennedy and I entertained Beth and Vicki with songs using the names of wine grapes. It was relaxing, slow paced and I learned a thing or two. I had so much fun I forgot my camera so no pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment