Thursday, April 14, 2005

Going to South Dakota/North Dakota

We are in the early stages of planning a visit to South and North Dakota in mid-August. Our purpose is to reach our goals of visiting all 50 states by our 50th birthday (or within the year or so of turning 50). Glen has Michigan, North Dakota, and Alaska left. I have South Dakota, North Dakota, and Alaska left. We are planning to visit Alaska next summer to celebrate our 50 state race conclusion...which will end in a loving tie. We will probably get to Michigan during an Ohio visit in June.

You are each invited to join us on a trip to South and North Dakota. I'm sure we will visit the Black Hills and Mt. Rushmore in South Dakota. I'm doing some research on a quick drive into North Dakota to see something of interest. Not sure what. I did not request the Lewis & Clark golf trail guide from the website. Who knew good ol' L & C golfed?

If you are interested in being included in further information, let me know.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun trip. I would be interested in going to see Mt. Rushmore and the Black hills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll count you in, whether or not you are considering the Presidency. Here's a quote I read to motivate my journey to North Dakota: "I would not have been President had it not been for my experience in North Dakota." Theodore Roosevelt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be sure not to miss the "World's Largest Buffalo" in Jamestown, ND. Let me know when you're passing through, and I might be able to get you a deal on a hotel room.

    ReplyDelete