Monday, January 24, 2005

Weekend Restaurant

We ate at a new restaurant this weekend. That's always fun for me. We ate at Morel's French Steakhouse at The Grove in Los Angeles. Price was grander than we expected, but well worth it. The specialty is dry-aged beef and the fromage bar (cheese to please!). We had Humboldt Fog, a yummy cheddar, and a buttery soft one. Enjoyed them all. I like to learn about all the cheeses and taste them. I'll never be a wine tasting enthusiast, but bring on the cheese. My petit filet was fabulous. The waiter was awesome. We all shared a chocolate souffle. Very good --- not too sweet. The meal, as many grand meals do, lasted over 2 hours -- providing time for random, relaxed conversation. Another premium benefit to a grand meal shared with others. We went with new friends from our church. I enjoy going to The Grove on Fairfax and Third. I visit once a month after a home visit with students in the Beverly Hills/Hollywood/Culver City/Los Angeles corner.

Last night, I was working at the desk in our kitchen/family room. The dogs were inside with me. Sam kept nudging me with his nose and a terrycloth face cloth (toy) in his mouth. So, I grabbed it and we tugged back and forth. The chair I was in is a typical office chair with wheels. You guessed it! Sam gave me rides across the family room floor. The rug was removed to be replaced, so the bare floor makes quite a track. He's a strong tugger -- I just held on to the other end of the cloth and he'd pull me in the chair, following along as he backed up. I had fun and just laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment