Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Sunshine -- Finally!

Rob and I have conversed in the past about how we enjoy variety in weather, and that sometimes it can get monotanous in SoCal...sunny all day all week...no clouds (except for the smog haze). Well, I've certainly had my need for rain fulfilled. I decided I'd just say it was a wet snow. Since I miss snow at this time of year, and under the street lights at night it resembles wet snowfall. Dec. 27th - Jan. 10th = 15.9 inches of rain...a record breaker. And now it is sunny here from my second story office looking to the north, with puffy white clouds billowing just above the hills. Ah!

The dogs are outside . Samson was the first to announce dry land, in true Ark fashion. He burst indoors this morning, after a visit to the back yard, with a fern branch in his teeth. Not an olive branch, and a bit early for Palm Sunday.

The kitchen and bathroom floor had dark pathways of tiny working ants this morning. Ugh. That bugs me (pardon the pun). They made it to the top of the stove this trip, so our housekeeping has improved as of today. They are persistent at getting inside in search of dry ground and a snack. Ashley typically eats anything off the floor. Ants are where she draws the line. Bummer. I could use the help.

I'll be driving north for a homeschool appointment today. I am anticipating a grand vista of clean air, delightful clouds, and an awesome view of the neighboring mountain range with white caps. Another benefit of being out of the traditional classroom.

Steve - I am really enjoying the photos. Thanks. Loved the raft picture.
Dave and Rob - got a land line yet?
Garth - happy "5th" birthday.
Beth & Audrey - survive that rainy day schedule! It will pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment