Sunday, September 21, 2008

#3 for Contador

Alberto Contador won his third grand tour yesterday. (A grand tour is a 3-week bike race). He won the 2007 Tour de France, the 2008 Giro d'Italia, and the 2008 Vuelta a EspaƱa for the Kazakh-based Astana Team (formerly Discovery Channel, which was previously US Postal). Levi Leipheimer was 2nd overall, bettering his third place in the same race in 2001. He was also 3rd in last year's Tour de France. The Directeur Sportif, Johan Bruyneel, has now won 12 grand tours (I think).

Shown is Contador in the stage 20 time trial, which Levi Leipheimer won.

5 comments:

  1. Do you know who Levi will ride for next season?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume Astana, since I haven't seen anything to the contrary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked online after I mentioned it to you Glen and couldn't find that reference. I probably got him confused with someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The guy right behind him looks like Dance Wilstrong...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh shoot-- it does! I hope he enjoyed the trip for me.

    ReplyDelete