Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I saw these pictures, and thought: what the hay? I'll post 'em far me family t' say! (Sorry, I just turned Irish for a few seconds. Those responsible for phony accents and ironic enthusiasm have been sacked) Blog continues here...

I was startled, amused, and awe-struck by the sight of a crudely drawn Donald Duck probably scrawled by memory on this terrified lady's hut wall.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

While this picture is funny, although it makes one wonder how staged the picture might have been.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

  1. Top photo is troubling. I'm wondering if she is carrying away the art from a loved one and is escaping with all she has that really matters to her -- something sentimental. Bottom photo...although I've been to Key West (and that is as direct as I'll be, though that scene is common there I imagine), I vote for "staged" because the headline on the paper is too perfect for the sunburned men. I do know some photographer types that have a keen eye for what many of us would overlook. So, who knows? Perhaps I've missed the punchline altogether, Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staged?? Thats me in another five years. Newspaper, cards, and warmth. Ah, the sun, Beth supporting me, and a speedo. What more to ask for.

    ReplyDelete