Monday, June 05, 2006

Last day in New York




We started the morning in line at the Empire State Building. Up two elevators and we were on the 86th floor. What a view. Then off to ride around uptown through Harlem and around central park. Two hours at the Met is not enough. So much to see in so many rooms. Had to pick and choose. Then we road the hop on hop off bus to brooklyn. So many views and a variety of sights. Dinner in downtown at Joe's Pizza. After three days we still got confused in the subway. Another full day of sights and sounds of New York.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. Tell Beth to watch out, three naked guys are trying to steal her purse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. who are those guys trying to grab my mom?!?!?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, and all the while Steve is telling me to lean in more. I don't look as nervous as I was in the picture. Great museum. Funniest thing on the roof was a large free-standing "window" that had paper mache dead birds on the ground around it as if they had hit the window and died. I know they were paper mache because the sign assured me of that, though they looked quite real to me...Best thing inside was the Eqyptian antiquities and the Impressionist collection.

    ReplyDelete