Sunday, February 15, 2009

In Davis for Stage one roll out

We will be in Davis later today to see the 2009 ATOC riders begin stage one in heavy wind and rain. The wind woke us up this morning at Beth and Steve's house in Placerville. Of course, Davis in an hour or so west of here in the valley. Forecast is for rain and wind.

Local news coverage for the race is heavy here. Leading the headlines, the weather and sports section of the newscast.

Steve got some awesome photos with his fancy camera. I got to talk to and answer questions for a lot of fans in my volunteer course marshal position--"What color is Lance wearing?" "Can I cross the street here?"

Beth and Cindi got a great view from chairs in the grassy median of the Capitol Mall.

I predict both Floyd (my favorite) and Lance will move up in the rankings today.

No comments:

Post a Comment