Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Oh, That Bugs...

So (305) 836-7371 appeared on my cell phone caller ID. I work with curriculum vendors, so I don't often recognize phone numbers from around the country. They call my cell (my work phone) from time to time. So, I answered. The recorded voice starts...if you...blah, blah, blah, press one to take advantage of our stupendous amazing once-in-a-lifetime not-to-be missed offer for suckers like you and you will be connected with a live rip-off scam artist hard-working individual that you shouldn't get angry at for just doing their job. That is not a direct quote. At this point, I am bugged. I am on the "Do Not Call" list for cell and land line phones and this is a violation. Problem #1. Problem #2...a recording. I pressed one and was connected to a live person who started with a question. I answered with a question, "What did you say your name was?" Problem #3...though not a surprise, she hung up. Problem #4...I dialed (oops! no one dials anymore!) called the number back to hear "I'm sorry. The number you have dialed has been disconnected." That was fast. How do they do that? Ha. So, there you go. No way to really report them, though I will pass on the info to the Do Not Call Center, for what it is worth. They do have a form probably just to calm people like me down. And then I will let it go. Beyond my circle of control and my circle of influence, so let it go and go dust or something productive.

1 comment:

  1. Once in awhile I get those types of calls, but I never answer my cell for anyone whose number I don't recognize or isn't identified by my phone book entries. Then, of course, I worry that it's Steve or one of my kids calling from a different phone with an emergency. It is VERY annoying! I'm not on any no call list, but I haven't received an unsolicited telemarketing call in a very long time on the home phone. Maybe I don't meet any particular demographic...

    ReplyDelete