Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Artistic Relatives





My cousin Jim Remington has been selected to be in a juried art show. The show is titled ASHES TO ART held @ Art Honors Life/The gallery at FUNERIA, 2860 Bowen St. #1 , Graton, CA (about an hour north of San Francisco). The website is www.funeria.com. He was one of 64 artists worldwide...and a quote on the two entries "both received exceptionally high marks, particularly the Free hand Maple Burl piece which is simply stunning!..." The show opens on Sept 26 thru November 30. These photos are of the two pieces by Jim.

These are beautifully done for being hand made. I have a wood mirror piece from him in our home that was a wedding gift. I have really been amazed and enjoyed his wood art in years past.

This Funeria gallery, come to find out, displays art used to hold the remains of loved ones who have been cremated. OK. That is just kind of creepy, but I suppose a meaningful tribute for some. Anyway, the art is very cool. Thought I'd share.

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend who makes pottery urns. It is a large part of her sales. These wooden urns are striking.

    ReplyDelete