Saturday, March 11, 2006

Good Ol' What's Her Name

Speaking of Creative Memories, I worked with photos from 1999 last night, getting them in the new album from CM that offers pockets and speedy completion. That part was true. I moved about 140 photos into an album in about 2.5 hours. The speed comes from leaving out the decorative stuff for the most part, which is the benefit of this new PicFolio album. A completed album...photos preserved in order to share some stories...in an evening. That was rewarding.

The photos from 1999 contained my graduation from Pepperdine, Rob's graduation from ED (including a visit from my parents for both events), Samson #1 swimming in the Placerville pool, Mom-Pete's retirement party at our home, and a trip to Cancun. What fun it was to relive those memories!

I love photographs! They capture treasured times and people. Several impressions -- can so much have changed in just a few short years? The photos of Daniel and Timothy! They look so young and little. Amazing! Glen's hair...let's say it looks better now. Mine, too, for that matter. Regarding my Pepperdine cohort, with less than ten of us, I was able to recall the names of everyone but one. I really enjoyed working with her, too, but could not pull her name out of my head for some reason. I suspect it will come firing into my mind late tonight. I tried the alumni web finder, too, to no avail.

If I would just jot down the details soon after printing the photos, I would be better off! Then I'd know "good ol' what's her name's" name and could finish that part of my album.

No comments:

Post a Comment