Monday, July 25, 2005

Ice Tea & Lazy Days

The Tour de France ends and you know what that means? Add 3 hours of time back in each day for me! The loveseat has a me-shaped space on one cushion from all the broadcast viewing time I invested sitting entranced with the Tour de France for three weeks. The end of the tour also tells me summer is passing by. Lazy days are limited. My return to school is drawing near (but not as near as Beth's!).

I love summer, fall, and winter for the seasonal changes and certain activities that parallel those times. We now have a simple daily ritual of brewing sun tea for ice tea during this time of year. In the morning, I love filling the jar with tea bags and water, and then setting it outside in the sun to brew. When it's time for a tall glass of ice tea to make the heat of the day bearable, it is ready to pour. Ahhhhh! Since we don't have a pool to plunge into, ice tea will have to do. And Sam still sits and waits for his very own ice cube treat to chew, while my hand is in the ice tray of the freezer filling our glasses.

7 comments:

  1. It was a nice transition to get up early and connect with european time each day. My body still feels like it is more on UK time than US time. While Lance's victory was not in question I found myself trying to help him ride up some of those climbs.
    When Kyle and I were coming back from his last med check I stopped in the 104 degree heat and treated my self to a box of Peet's Mango Tea.
    Hears to cooling off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't correct comments, need to edit better before i does post those things.

    here is to cooling off.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Course you had to remind me of the impending start of school...:-0 I will be teaching a 4/5 combo this coming year. Something to create a challenge and keep the blood flowing. Thursday I interview for a 1/2 time admin position, actually doing some of the extra jobs I'm already doing. So I either get it or my income goes down significantly. Two other people are interviewing for it. One is my partner Vicki, the other is the brand new 1/2 time vice principal at the middle school. Guess who my money's on? It will be a learning experience if nothing else. Need to decide what I really want to be doing, other than lying on a beach somewhere and being waited on, or on a cruise ship doing the same...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindi is so popular. she gets a lot of coments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's because us girls have to stick together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, now...I'll have to chase down and get pictures of our various and sundry cats here on "Beth and Steve's Cat Ranch" just so I can post more, too!:-) I'll just check my health insurance coverage before I do that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To Beth - That would be fun to see the posts from the Beth and Steve Cat Ranch. Good luck getting pictures of those wiley kitties. I taught 4/5 combo one year. Enjoyed the stretch but did about a 1/3 more work than a normal year...without a 1/3 more pay. I enjoy your post writing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete