Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Starbucks in South Miami

Here I sit in a Starbucks in South Miami, Florida. It is so boring here.
There are students sitting around in large chairs and small tables studying,
working on laptops, and studying for the MCAT. After my last meeting this
afternoon I drove down to Key Largo. I think that would be a nice place to
visit when I have more time and someone with me to do it. Actually, I'd like
to drive all the way to Key West and see where Ernst Hemingway used to hang
out.

Starbucks has T-Mobile wireless access--wi-fi. So I am sure that I will be
back here a few times before I head home.

[The MCAT studiers just left--one of them is the tutor of the other. The
tutor was telling here about getting a physics tutor--not his specialty.]

My colleague from MEDA arrives tonight from Canada. He will write about some
of the groups with whom we work here in Miami for the MEDA official
publications. I don't know what time he arrives.

I am trying to decide where or whether or not I will eat dinner tonight. I
am sure I will be hungry later on. It is after 7 east coast time as I write
this.

No comments:

Post a Comment