Sunday, March 28, 2004

Spooky World For Women

My co-worker's mom vanished on Tuesday...not like a trick in some Vegas magic show, but a tragic event to rip your world in two. My co-worker is 30. She had lunch with her mom that day, and no one has seen her since. Her car and her purse are still at home. She is 57 and lives in a very nice part of Pasadena. I am troubled because my friend/co-worker has to survive this ordeal. I'm also troubled because her dad will be questioned thoroughly, since husbands are often involved in situations like this. I'm troubled by the way the news stories stacked up on Channel 4 --- missing Pasadena woman, followed by sentencing of a man who was found guilty of murdering his wife, followed by the story of the search for a man exposing himself to teenage girls in the So-Cal area. And I'm sad that I have second thoughts about going places alone in this crazy world. Time will make me bold and brave soon, but for now I'm quite distracted. I pray for a happy ending for my co-worker's family. It's all so curious to turn on the evening news in a major metropolitan area and find out you know the family in the lead story.

I saw the intellectually challenging and deeply moving epic movie "50 First Dates" (Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler) on Thursday. [tongue-in-cheek] To keep a marriage healthy, I let Glen opt out of these types of films. I did enjoy it, though I grew tired of the typical crass comments forced into the dialogue --- mostly from the other actor...I think his name is Rob Schneider. My expectations were low, but I was pleasantly surprised. No need to own it, but it was a pleasant distraction from a rough week.

We got our third set of photos of our new puppy and his brothers and sisters. This week they are walking and starting to eat solid food. They are beyond cute - chubby little balls of cute with stubby legs. Our puppy and Brianna in the same picture --- now that would be CUTE.

No comments:

Post a Comment