Sunday, December 12, 2004

Cross Country

The word will get out about it, and you'll be asking me questions about it anyway, so here it is. I ran for my school twice in cross country running races because I am one of the faster runners at school. There were one or two hundred runners in the boys' race both times. I really wasn't sure what to expect because I had never done anything like this before, but I guess I didn't do too bad. The record was something like 11:37 and the slowest ones did it in about 20 minutes. It's two miles in La Mirada Regional Park with hills. I placed 23rd at 13:05 the first time, which was about 30 seconds better than when I practiced with the school. The whole school was expecting Mitchell Moore, the fastest kid at school, to win because he won last year, but a new record was set by someone else (who beat him in 800-meter run last year), and there was about 20 seconds in between the two, so of course the whole school was disappointed.

The second run was definitely harder in terms of the competition. I improved maybe a second or two, but I still only got 48th. Mitchell "Big Mitch" Moore lost again to the same guy (who was a second off his record he set the Friday before).

Just wanted to let you study up on things so I get all your questions asked.

1 comment:

  1. Daniel, that sounds great. I am looking forward to hearing more about the running.

    ReplyDelete