Saturday, August 20, 2005

Word Verification Required for comments now

I have several other BLOGS and I track some BLOGS that are not mine. There has been a disturbing trend of more SPAM--that is when someone that you don't know posts a comment that links you back to their commercial (sometimes unpleasant) content. When anyone posts a comment here, I receive an email with the content almost immediately. When a comment's contents have been inappropriate, I have deleted them.

Today I have activated two features on this BLOG to reduce or eliminate offensive comments: (1) Only registered users of BLOGER.com are allowed to comment and (2) a word verification precedure will be required.

Please leave your feedback to let me know what you think of these two features.

No comments:

Post a Comment