Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Friendships & Time

For the last six Thursday nights, I hung around intentionally with the women from my Growth Group (about 10 people...six women...from church that meet on Thursdays to share life and our faith walk, while digging in to a passage of Scripture), plus some women from another Growth Group. I had talked our group into taking a mosaic class together through the city. I just wanted to play with sharp objects to unwind from the school year. Then, the class was cancelled.

We decided to get together weekly, anyway, since the time had been set aside. So we did. We took walks, ate dessert, played games, went to a movie, swam and ate pizza, and went to Old Town Pasadena for a digital camera photo scavenger hunt (for those of you who don't know what that is...two teams...each has the same list of items to search out and snap a photo of with the group in the photo...within a certain amount of time) and dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Not all in one night. We had a good time relaxing together and getting to know each other better.

I had fun playing with girlfriends each week, passing by the guilt-ridden "we've got to get-together" stage. Life is so demanding as a grown-up, that this was a good little interlude. Not to mention the fun I had with Glen kayaking this summer. Playing together is a blessing for me. As a kid, I'd hurry to eat dinner to go out to play until dark. A simpler day, yet I still get a taste of that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment