Friday, January 07, 2005

Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head...

...but that doesn't mean that I shouldn't get out of bed! Cozy, dark, and cool here in rainy Southern California. Stayed in today to do paperwork. Tried to keep the dogs functioning indoors...an occassional romp in the front yard (no mud and less small ponds to trot through) to find relief and use some energy, a game or two of tug-on-the-towel between Ash' and Sam for strength training, and dry time spent napping in the crate and laundry room respectively, since I have to "go to work" upstairs. They are water dogs, so being outside won't harm them. Perhaps I just tire of buffing them up when the soggy doggies come back inside. The way the water has been coming down lately, it won't be long before mallards and their families take up residence in the backyard. By then, a couple of retreivers with cabin fever could come in handy for some sporting events.

The hills will green nicely and the air will be crisp and clean at the end of the storms. I've been one to brag how I bore of endless sunshine, being from the midwest --- the land of puffy clouds and the home of weathermen who do work for a living. I have almost gotten my fill of the gray precipitation, although I may never grow weary of building a fire and reading. This is that kind of weather! Classroom teachers must be going crazy with the rainy day indoor schedules. Smokers must be wearing out their umbrellas, since few can smoke indoors in our state. Enough complaining. It's not a tsunami.

No comments:

Post a Comment